Discover Math and Science ProgramThe Museum’s program is an all-encompassing collaboration of exhibits and programming that engages children in math and science during decisive early learning years.
As leaders in early childhood education, children's museums, including Imagine It! The Children’s Museum of Atlanta, engage infants, toddlers, and children through play to think critically and creatively. Young children learn through play and neuroscience confirms that play significantly effects the development of a young child's brain.
Discover Math and Science Program exhibits and programs will provide children with tangible interactions that challenge them to accomplish small and large feats in their development.
This year, Discover Math and Science will incorporate six key math and science programming elements:
1. Imaginators on the Go! – The Museum’s Imaginators – troupe of professional actors and educators – will bring learning and fun to schools and neighborhoods.
2. Discover Science Field Trips – Weekly science field trip program that will teach children science concepts through hands-on interpretations.
3. The Science Wondershop – Workshops held in the fall and spring designed for children and their caregivers that offers creative, hands-on experiments to teach children about science and chemistry.
4. Project Discovery – A special annual program featuring Interactive science stations covering a broad spectrum of science activities that help children discover the scientist inside of them.
5. Exploration Station – Science programming that teaches children about how their body works and how to keep it healthy!
Discover Math and Science Programming is sponsored in part by: